Effective date: August 1, 2017
Last updated: August 1, 2017
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement explains how Acera Surgical, Inc. collects, uses and discloses information that is collected about you. By providing information to us, using our website, and/or purchasing our products, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Information Collection And Use
We may collect two types of information from you: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information:
While using our website or by contacting us via email, fax or phone, you may provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or directly or indirectly identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your
- telephone number,
- email address,
- for US healthcare providers, a National Provider Identifier (NPI) and/or a state license number,
- IP (Internet Protocol) address when such address is associated to a specific user.
We collect and store Personally Identifiable Information only if you voluntarily provide it to us. If you do not want us to collect and store your Personally Identifiable Information, please do not provide it to us.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This type of information does not identify you personally. It may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, your geographic location, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. We will not treat as confidential any information that you provide that is not personally identifiable.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information: We may share or disclosure your Personally Identifiable information to:
- Deliver products/services, such as products, product information, or newsletters you request or to complete a transaction (e.g., purchase of product) requested by you.
- Contact you with information that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Unaffiliated third-party contractors or agents who provide services to us, including, but not limited to, order processing/fulfillment, billing, customer service, sending communications on our behalf.
- Comply with legal requirements, court orders, or other legal or regulatory processes or to act to protect the personal safety of patients using our products or as otherwise required by law.
Use and Disclosure of Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may use non-personally identifiable information to conduct research to improve our products and/or services. All research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis (without specific identification) and may be provided to third-parties.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personally Identifiable Information is important to us, but please be advised that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.